Photo taken by: JNVQ
It’s my birthday today, and this quarantine kind of sucks because I can’t celebrate it with the one person I would have loved to spend it with but I just keep in mind that this is all for the best. We need to stay separated for a while now, so that we can spend more birthdays together in the future.
For the past couple of years, I’ve been doing blog posts about the lessons I’ve learned in my x number of years here on Earth. This year, I thought that maybe I could tweak the concept a little because to be honest, I’m running out of lessons to take note of. Not that I do not learn new things anymore, but it’s just so hard to jot them down year after year. Also, to be honest, I feel like most of the lessons I write were carried over from the past year. So yeah, that concept kinda gets boring in time.
With that being said, I came up with this: 26 Titles Since Year 1. Since I am an avid book nerd, the idea is to list 26 book titles that I’ve read through the years, but I have to choose one book per letter of the alphabet. It fits, since I turned 26 today and we have 26 letters in the alphabet.
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking Glass – Lewis Carroll
- By the River Pierda, I Sat Down and Wept – Paulo Coelho
- City of Bones – Cassandra Clare
- The Da Vinci Code – Dan Brown
- Eleanor & Park – Rainbow Rowell
- The Five People You Meet in Heaven – Mitch Albom
- The Guardian – Nicholas Sparks
- Hush, Hush – Becca Fitzpatrick
- If I Stay – Gayle Forman
- Justice League – DC Comics
- The Knife of Never Letting Go – Patrick Ness
- The Longest Ride – Nicholas Sparks
- The Mark of Athena – Rick Riordan
- The Next Person You Meet in Heaven – Mitch Albom
- Origin – Dan Brown
- P.S. I Still Love You – Jenny Han
- The Queen (The Selection, #0.4) – Kiera Cass
- The Retribution of Mara Dyer – Michelle Hodkin
- Sam’s Letter to Jennifer – James Patterson
- Turtles All the Way Down – John Green
- The Universe of Us – Lang Leav
- Veronika Decides to Die – Paulo Coelho
- Wicked Fox – Kat Cho
- X-Men – Marvel Comics
- You – Caroline Kepnes
- Zombie VS Unicorns – Holly Black
I gotta be honest with you, I cheated on numbers 11 and 26. I haven’t read those books yet, but they are on my to-read shelf on Goodreads. I can’t believe that all these years, I haven’t read a book that starts with a letter K! Z, I can forgive myself, but K?! Oh, well. I need to work on that in the coming days and weeks. I gotta make the most out of this quarantine because reading is all I can do to help save lives by stopping this virus from spreading.
How are you guys holding up during this quarantine period? I hope all of you are safe and staying indoors as much as possible. My only wish for my birthday this year is for this virus to stop spreading once and for all, so that we can all go back to our normal lives.
You know what I realized during this time? That those routines that we are all accustomed to are really special and I have learned to appreciate them because I miss going to work, having spontaneous lunch outs with my boyfriend, being able to see my friends, etc. I didn’t really appreciate all those things until this happened.
Stay safe, everyone.