Hello, everyone! You may or may not have noticed that I do not post monthly TBRs on my blog and on Instagram (if you’re following me there, too). I have always been a mood reader, so following monthly TBRs just doesn’t work for me as much as it does for everyone else. I tried setting monthly to-be-reads back in 2013 when I still have a separate blog for books, but I really had a hard time following it.
This month, though, I will be setting a monthly reading plan for myself because, seriously, there are so many unread books on my physical TBR that I really need to get to. So I figured that there is nothing wrong in trying again. Besides, 2013 was a long time ago and I am not the same person anymore. Haha It might work for me this time. *crossed fingers*
I have also set rules for myself, so I can stick to my reading plan:
- In one of my previous posts, I discussed that one of my ultimate plans for my “reading goals” starting this year is to read at least one tome a month. I noticed that I have a lot of chunky books on my shelf and I need to do something about it, so I came up with The Tome Project. So every month, I will pick one book from my physical TBR that is at least 500 pages long.
- I will set three books a month and my goal is to be able to read at least two of them. Three books only because I also want squeeze in manga and comic books. Plus, I have ARCs that I need to read and review.
I might add more rules by the end of this month as September is more of a trial-and-error phase. So without further ado, let’s dive right into the books I have chosen to read this month:
- Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
- The Poppy War (The Poppy War, #1) by R.F. Kuang
- Physik (Septimus Heap, #3) by Angie Sage
Currently, I am reading Beautiful Creatures and I am about 400 pages in. I’m hoping to finish it this week, so I can focus on The Poppy War which I am buddy-reading with Paula of Her Book Thoughts and Mari of Mac n’ Books.
Shameless plug: I would also like to share with you guys the shirt(s) that I am wearing because I am so in love with it. It’s a customized shirt that I asked Tee-Too-Low to do for me, so if you’re interested, please, please, please send me an email or DM me on Instagram. ♡
How about you? What are you planning on reading this month? Tell me in the comments as I would love to know (and maybe find out a new title that I would love). ♡