This year is one of the best reading years for me and the entirety of 2020 was spent catching up on series and releases that I have not been able to read the past couple of years. It’s also the year where I bought so many books as I wanted to support my local bookstores during the pandemic. I’ve bought a lot of books that have been sitting on my Goodreads want-to-read shelf for years now, and I am so happy about it. Now, I just need more time to read all of them.
There are also books sitting on my physical shelves for years and still haven’t gotten to them because ever since I started working six years ago, I didn’t have a lot of time reading except for those years where I feel really lost and turn all my attention into reading. Anyway, I’ll be listing all of them in this post and, hopefully, I get to read every book on this list in 2021.
So without further ado, let’s dive into the books I wish I read this year, but didn’t. I divided it into two parts, 10 fantasy books (middle-grade, YA, Adult/High fantasy) and 10 other books from a mix of genres:
- Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1) by Jerri Maniscalco
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- The Throne of Fire (The Kane Chronicles, #2) by Rick Riordan
- Anna Dressed in Blood (Anna, #1) by Kendare Blake
- Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare
- The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking, #1) by Patrick Ness
- Legend (Legend, #1) by Marie Lu
- Scythe (Arc of Scythe, #1) by Neal Schusterman
- Physik (Septimus Heap, #3) by Angie Sage
- The Final Empire (Mistborn, #1) by Brandon Sanderson
Some of the books on the list are sequels to series that I’ve started in 2020 but haven’t gotten into reading their sequels, so I’m hoping to finish reading the Septimus Heap series and The Kane Chronicles series.
- The Kiss Quotient by Helen Hoang
- The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kay Adams
- Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- Tweet Cute by Emma Lord
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- It’s Not Summer Without You (Summer, #2) by Jenny Han
- The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune
- The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware
- Night Film by Marisha Pessl
- Into the Water by Paula Hawkins
The Summer series by Jenny Han has been a favorite for years, and I recently acquired the new covers and gave the old ones to my cousin, so I am up for some reread for it! ❤
How about you guys? Do you have any books that you wish you read this year but just didn’t get to it? Let me know in the comments!