Books are one of the known sources of entertainment, learning, and changing of perspectives. With that, some books have also been labeled as controversial by different organizations which resulted in some titles continuously being challenged and banned in libraries and schools in other countries. Continue reading
My boyfriend and I along with his mom went on this trip in June, and I wasn’t really sure I was going to join them until the last minute and I only thought about visiting bookstores when we were actually there. Thank heavens for the Internet!
I rarely post wrap ups anymore because I don’t really have the time to read as many books as much as I used to. But during the start of the month, I decided to get ambitious with the books I am going to read (here’s my post about it).
I’ve read 5 books out of the 6 I included on my list to read this month and though I failed to finish that one book, I’m still happy that I got to read a lot this month. I’ve also reviewed them on my blog, so I’ll include the links to those as well.
- The Choice by Nicholas Sparks (Full review)
- The Universe Of Us by Lang Leav (Full review)
- Dear Distance by Luis Katigbak (Full review)
- The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (Full review)
- Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira (Full review)
- Paper Girls Volume 1 by Brian K. Vaughan
The Choice was a carry-over from the past month and I finished it during the first week of March. I’ve also read a short story and some comic books that aren’t part of the list of titles I wanted to read this month.
- Letters From Crispin by Cyan Abad-Jugo (Full review)
- Light by Rob Cham
- Batwoman #1
- Justice League/Power Rangers #3
- Trinity #7
- Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #8
- Nightwing #16
Right now, I’m still reading It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover and loving it! ♡
The past year has finally come to a close and though it has been a very frustrating and challenging year for most of us, I actually still had a great reading year!
So in 2016 I’ve read a total of 52 books of my Goodreads goal of 30! This was actually the first time I’ve ever read more than my goal and I am so happy. I’ve read A LOT of comic books last year since DC Comics launched their Rebirth series and I was just too hyped about it. But aside from that, I’ve also read some novels and poem books. So below are list of the titles I’ve read:
- Teen Titans #1-3 by Benjamin Percy (DC Comics)
- Justice League VS Suicide Squad #1-2 by Joshua Williamson (DC Comics)
- Reborn #1-3 by Mark Millar (Image Comics)
- Batgirl #1-6 by Hope Larson (DC Comics)
- Nightwing #1-11 by Tim Seeley (DC Comics)
- Trinity #1-4 by Francis Manapul (DC Comics)
- Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #1-5 by Julie Benson (DC Comics)
- Batman Annual by David Finch and Brad Anderson (DC Comics)
- Catwoman: Election Night by Meredith Finch (DC Comics)
- Betty and Veronica Jumbo Comics #238 by Dan Parent (Archie Comics)
- Supergirl #1-2 by Steve Orlando (DC Comics)
- DC Universe Rebirth by Geoff Johns (DC Comics)
- Harley Quinn #1 by Amanda Conner (DC Comics)
- Amulet Volume 3 by Kazu Kibuishi
- Saga Volume 4 by Fiona Staples & Brian Vaughan
- Saga Volume 5 by Fiona Staples & Brian Vaughan
I didn’t push through with Harley Quinn and Supergirl because it didn’t quite work out for me as much as the others.
- Diary of A Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules by Jeff Kinney
- Love & Misadventure by Lang Leav
- Lullabies by Lang Leav
- Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur
- The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #3) by Michelle Hodkin
- White Hot Kiss (Dark Elements #1) by Jeniffer L. Armentrout
- Stone Cold Touch (Dark Elements #2) by Jeniffer L. Armentrout
- Habang Wala Pa Sila: Mga Tula Ng Pag-Ibig by Juan Miguel Severo
So I guess that wraps it all up! I’m certainly looking forward to more reading this 2017 and may all the booknerds out there have another great reading year ahead!